Admissions open: 17 February 2020
Admissions close: 17 March 2020
To apply online, go to https://admissions.westerncape.gov.za using your computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet. Register on the site, log in, complete the online application process and submit.
Parents who apply online must remember to submit certified copies of your documents, within 14 days of submitting your online application. Documents must be dropped at reception Mondays to Fridays from 08:30 to 14:00.
For more information, please contact the school at (021) 948 3051.
This is the criteria in respect of processing prospective applications for the various grades at Vredelust Primary School. Applications are prioritised as follows:
- Vredelust Pre-primary (grade R) learners are given preference for grade 1.
- Applicants are given preference geographically according to residential proximity from the school, until the grade is filled (specifically grade 1).
- Applications are not NOT dealt with on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Submission of an application does NOTguarantee a successful application outcome.
- Siblings are NOT GUARANTEED a space. Please note: Sibling, only includes brothers and sisters, not cousins, nieces and nephews
- We do not have any feeder schools.
For grade 1, preference is given to learners turning 7 in the year of admission, which is the compulsory school-going age and for grade R, preference is given to learners turning 6 in the year of admission.
DATES AND TIME FRAMES FOR APPLICATIONS AS DETERMINED BY THE WCED:
- 17 February – Admissions open
- 17 March – Admissions close
- 17 March – 11 May – Schools process applications
- 11 May – Schools sign-off and finalise status of all applications
- 15 May – System displays the outcome of applications
- 15 – 22 May – Parents are informed of the outcome of their application by email / sms
- 5 June – Parents must confirm acceptance at school
- We always receive more applications than we can accommodate, so parents must apply to more than one school and must not just assume they will be accepted at Vredelust Primary School.
- Your child’s application will not automatically get carried forward to the next year.You need to re-apply for subsequent years if your application is unsuccessful.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted or processed.
Certified copies of the following documents must be submitted to the school, along with your proof of registration on the WCED website:
- Proof of residence (Municipal account / lease agreement – an affidavit will not be accepted as proof of residence)
- One recent ID photo of the learner (must be an ID photo – no other version of photo will be accepted, i.e. an ordinary photo, cut down to ID photo size, picture of your child printed on paper)
- A certified copy of the learner’s birth certificate
- A certified copy of the learner’s clinic card
- Certified copies of both parents ID / Passport
- Non-SA Citizens must produce a valid certificate residency permit / study permit for learner and both parents.
Parents are requested to NOT PHONE OR EMAIL THE OFFICE before the dates mentioned above, to follow up on the progress of your application. Constant interruptions only slow down the process.
The following forms hereunder must also be completed and submitted to the school with the abovementioned documents: